5 REASONS WHY HOME STAGING SELLS HOMES
It doesn’t take a genius to know that the better a home looks the easier it is to sell. Then why do so many people try to sell their homes empty or in deplorable condition? It’s not because of lack of time and not always because of lack of funds. So is it lack of common sense or just laziness?
Home staging expert and trainer, Barbara Jennings, is director of The Academy of Staging and Redesign. “I think many people shut down when it comes to preparing their homes for sale. The task feels overwhelming. They have emotionally set their minds and hearts on where they will live next and just don’t want to go to the trouble and expense to fix up the home to be sold.”
But here are 5 good reasons why every home owner should pay attention to the concept of home staging, whether they hire a professional to stage their home or they do the work themselves.
1. Home staging fixes the most glaring negatives in the house. No one wants to buy a house that looks as if it has been unkempt for many years. No one wants to pay for someone else’s mistakes or lack of attention.
2. Home staging diminishes the defects in a house. Every house, no matter how well built, has defects of one kind or another. But even if it were perfect, it will not meet the needs and wants of every potential buyer that sees it. The key is in making sure that the defects are minimized, so it will appeal to the most buyers.
3. Home staging actuates the home’s attributes. Every home has a charm all its own but one may have to work at it to bring out that charm. Whether the house is old or relatively new, home staging can go a long way to dramatically enhancing the best features of the house.
4. Home staging reaches buyers on an emotional level. It is a well known fact that buyers do not make offers unless and until they have an emotional connection with a property. But most people struggle with visualizing their furnishings in the home. That’s why proper home staging can make a huge statement because it helps them visualize living in the home and even suggests ideas for arrangements.
5. Home staging brings the sizzle to the steak. While some people (mostly men) like seeing the shell of a house, women definitely respond more favorably to a well appointed, nicely decorated home. Once problems are fixed, home staging creates a cozy, comfortable feeling that helps potential buyers make a real, lasting connection.
Lots of ideas are shared continuously in our discussion forum. The only free
forum on home staging and redesign.
About the Author
Barbara Jennings is author of 14 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself, Staging Portfolio Secrets, Staging Luxurious Homes,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Secret Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!, Getting Paid,
and Wall Groupings!